Project management is not an easy task and requires careful planning and implementation of the work and its working process. Project management tools help maintain standardized procedures while handling external relations. These tools provided a single platform that can monitor the project, provide reports, graphical designs, and multi-dimensional analytics.
A project management tool is a must-have when handling a project due to some of the advantages that it provides below:
- Real-time visibility: You can track the progress of your project in real-time and ensure that your deadlines will be met.
- Aligned with the company objective: You can analyze the growth of the project and make sure that it is aligned with the company’s and your objectives.
- Increase savings: Automation and standardization can eliminate operating costs and increase savings.
If you are looking for a project management tool that can fulfill the requirements written above, and more then you can opt for PlanStreet Inc. It is Kentucky, USA-based software development firm that provides a perfect platform for Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Team Collaboration.
They focus on automating project management so that more focus goes on the quality of the project and client engagement. Furthermore, their flagship products Agile and Gantt chart are flexible for customization according to any project.
Important features required in project management tools
- Adding multiple people in one task: Projects usually consist of many members and they all need to collaborate to finish it. Team members may not have to be confined to one location to work on the same project
- Multilingual: Companies are no longer constrained to one country or region. Globalization has connected people around the world. Thus, tools that provide information in several languages are helpful.
- Project templates: Project templates are pre-made plans that can save you time. You just have to edit a plan instead of making one from scratch.
- Easy file sharing: Managers ad team members require lots of files such as rough plans, templates, and designs. To ensure that everyone is on the same page, file sharing is necessary. Furthermore, with the help of components like Scrum Board, you can share files with smaller teams and display the progress of a scrum team.
- Privacy levels: All of the members will not have access to all information. Privileges must be given to different members according to their different roles.
- Personalized view: It can confuse if all team members can view every schedule. Each member must be allowed to view their list to ensure smooth working.
- Time management: Time is crucial for any project. The project management tools with the Kanban board helps in workforce visualization and also show graphical progress of the project during a period. It also shows how much time each task will take.
- Resource management and reporting: As a project manager, it is your responsibility to how the resources are being utilized. A reporting tool that records all of the resources and their allocation can make the project more efficient.
The above-mentioned features are important for project management tools to make the management process more efficient and convenient.